Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthday in shades of blue

This is one of my recent favorite cards. It's pretty simple, but I love how it turned out. I took a large white panel, masked off a strip using Eclipse tape (what did I ever do before that stuff? I get mine at Ellen Hutson's shop). Then I sponged shades of Memento ink, including nautical blue, grey flannel and bahama blue. After removing the tape, I stamped the silhouette in black and added the pearls. The coordinating label die and image were stamped and cut, I added a touch of color with Copic markers, stamped the sentiment and popped the whole thing up on foam dots.
That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts stamp/die combo
Ink: Various memento inks
Cardstock: SU blue bayou; MFT black, Neenah white
Accessories: Hero Arts die, pearls

1 comment:

Jean Cross said...

This is beautiful, Mish. I love the masking and the sponging. Great card.